Key rights in accordance with Directive (EU) 2015/2302
- Travellers receive all the important information about the packaged tour before concluding the packaged tour agreement.
- At least one trader is always responsible for the proper provision of all travel services included in the agreement.
- Travellers receive an emergency telephone number or information about a contact point that they can use to reach the organiser.
- Travellers can transfer the packaged tour within a reasonable deadline and potentially at additional cost to another person.
- The price of the packaged tour may only be increased if specific costs increase and if this is expressly provided for in the agreement, and in any case up to 20 days before the start of the packaged tour at the latest. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of the packaged tour, the traveller has the right to withdraw from the agreement. If an organiser reserves the right to increase the price, the traveller has the right to a price reduction if the corresponding costs decrease.
- Travellers have the right to withdraw from the agreement and receive a full refund of all payments, if one of the key components of the packaged tour with the exception of the price suffers a substantial change. If the trader responsible for the packaged tour cancels the packaged tour before the start of the packaged tour, travellers have the right to a refund of costs and possibly a compensation.
- In the event of extraordinary circumstances, travellers have the right to withdraw from the agreement before the start of the packaged tour at no cost, for example, if there are serious security problems at the destination location that are expected to impair the packaged tour.
- In addition, travellers have the right to withdraw from the agreement at any time before the start of the packaged tour in exchange for payment of an appropriate and reasonable cancellation fee.
- If, after the start of the packaged tour, important parts of the packaged tour cannot be executed as agreed, appropriate other arrangements must be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers have the right to withdraw from the agreement without paying a cancellation fee, if services are not provided in accordance with the agreement and this has substantial impact on the provision of the contractual packaged tour services, and the organiser fails to remedy this.
- The organiser provides assistance to the traveller, if the latter encounters difficulties.
- In the event of the organiser’s insolvency, payments will be refunded. If the organiser’s insolvency occurs after the start of the packaged tour and transport is part of the packaged tour, the return journey of the traveller must be guaranteed. STC Switzerland Travel Centre AG has arranged for insolvency protection through the Swiss Guarantee Fund. Travellers can contact this organisation (Garantiefonds, Etzelstrasse 42, 8038 Zurich, Tel.: +41 44 / 488 10 70, www.garantiefonds.ch), if they are refused services due to the insolvency of STC Switzerland Travel Centre AG.
Directive (EU) 2015/2302 in the form transposed into national legislation